Every year the Government is launching new and interesting ways to improve the economic life of the people. One of such plans is the Saving Funds and Schemes. Out of which EPF is one. The EPF stands for Employment’s Provident Fund. The EPF objective is to improve the quality of living even after the retirement. They provide the saving schemes and other different features.
The EPF Balance is the balance that is present in your EPF Account. It is the balance that is deducted every month from your salary along with an amount that is contributed to your EPF Account by your employer. Creating an EPF Balance Account is a very good idea/option after the retirement. The EPF has launched an online facility in the year 2013. This online facility is used to check the fund balance. Checking the PF Balance of a customer can provide current updates and information regarding the account. People who wish to make partial withdrawals can avail any type of Loan.
In this article, we will provide you the ways to check the EPF Balance online and well as Offline.
Different Modes to Check EPF Balance:
The EPFO provides various ways to perform EPF related activities and services. There are different ways to check the EPF Balance. They are:
- Via SMS.
- Via Missed Call
- Through Online Via UAN
- Via the Mobile App
- Official website (EPFO)
The Missed call and the SMS mode are the offline modes of checking the balance whereas, the UAN mode, official website (EPFO) and the Mobile App mode are the online modes of checking the EPF Balance.
How to Check EPF Balance Online: (Official Website)
The EPFO has provide number facilities to their customers. The steps to check the EPF Balance are as follows. For knowing your EPF Balance make sure that you have your EPF Account number before you start to perform any activity.
- Click on the link- www.epdindia.com
- Select the state of the PF Office in which the EPF Account is mentioned
- Select the office pertaining to that state that is listen down.
- Choose the city and the EPF Office
- Enter the EPF Account number as mentioned in the EPF Record and your mobile number.
- The format of the EPF number is TN/MAS/0054232
- The first two alphabets are the code of the region and the next three alphabets are the codes of the PF Office.
- Now click on the submit button and the complete details of your EPF Balance is displayed. The details are sent to the registered mobile number.
How to Check the EPF Balance via UAN
This is another way of checking the EPF Balance online. The step by step procedure for checking the EPF Balance via UAN are as follows:
- Open the official website of UAN- www.uanmembers.epfoservices.in
- Enter the Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Enter the mobile number where you want to receive the SMS.
- Select the EPF State and choose the specific city where EPF Office is located.
- Fill in the captcha code and you will receive a PIN and all the EPF Balance details are sent to the registered mobile number.
The EPFO has recently launched a Mobile App in order to check the EPF Balance. The app provides a lot of services such as PF Balance checking and Passbook Statement Check. The app is currently not available in Google Play therefore, you have to download it manually from the EPFO Website. Now only the Android Users can only use this app. The department is trying out its best to launch the app services of IOS and Blackberry Devices as well.
The steps to check the EPF Balance through Mobile App are:
- Open the Mobile App on the device and click on the Member option
- Under the member option there is an option available called as click balance/passbook and then enter the 12-digit UAN Number and also enter your registered mobile number. The system will verify the mobile number and if the number does not match then it will show error.
- If in case the mobile number and the UAN Connection is correct then it will display a message of the updated EPF Balance Information along with the personal details (name, date of birth, Aadhaar Number, PAN for Tax Deductions, Last Month EPF Contributions etc.) which is present in your EPF Records.
- If in case you want to view your EPF Statement for the last 7 months then you can select the option “View Passbook” option and get a detailed statement.
The EPF Mobile app is good for tracking down the EPF Balance. Checking the EPF Balance online is the best and secure way to check and get updated with your EPF Balance. Find more details about various Government Documents and Financial News please visit Rupeenomics.com