HDFC Bank is one of the leading loan providers in India. The bank can offer a variety of financial products at low cost to customers. It is reputed in the sector of gold loans, where the customers can avail up to Rs. 50 lakhs against the gold coins or ornaments pledged. The gold is secured in the bank as collateral until the entire loan is repaid by the borrower. The HDFC Bank gold loan application process is quick and simple.
A person can get the required sum in bank account within 45 minutes or 2 hours, once the documents are verified and the gold is evaluated. A gold loan can be utilized for any purposes which are not illegal or speculative. Many people take a loan against gold from the bank to pay for emergency expenses such as those arising from medical treatments, home repairs, big-ticket purchases, travel, weddings, education etc.
What Are the Essentials of Gold Loan By the HDFC Bank?
Interest rate on a loan against gold at HDFC is between 10.50% and 12% per annum. Thus, for commoners, this loan is a perfect fit and budget-friendly option to resolve any financial troubles. Before applying for this loan, it is important to know that the bank does not accept gold coins over 50 grams. Also, these coins must be purchased from a reputed bank only. Gold coins from other retailers or traders shall not be accepted. Gold biscuits, wires, chunks etc are also unacceptable.
The purity of the gold must be between 18 carat and 24 carat. Thus, with idle lying gold, a person can monetize the same and use it to fulfil financial requirements. The scheme, Sampoorna Bharosa gold loan from HDFC is designed in a way to make funds up to Rs. 50 lakhs available for borrowers. Complete security is assured for the gold asset, as these will be sealed and then deposited in the security vault of the bank’s premises.
Steps to Apply for HDFC Bank Gold Loan
The funds can be reached to the borrower within a day or just a few hours. The pricing and cost of the loan will depend on the loan amount, rate of interest, purity and weight of gold.
Below mentioned are ways you can apply for a gold loan HDFC bank.
- Apply Offline: The applicant must visit the nearest branch of HDFC bank with all the necessary documents, such as PAN card and Aadhar card, with passport-size photographs. In the bank, the person can fill the loan application form and submit the hard copy of documents. Original documents must be carried for verification of Xeroxed documents. The gold jewellery will be evaluated by an expert at the bank, and the loan amount will be calculated. After the loan process, the amount will be disbursed to the borrower’s bank account.
- Apply Online: It is very easy to apply for HDFC gold loan online. The applicant needs to visit the bank’s official website, compare the gold schemes offered, select one, and apply for the same. It is possible to upload the soft copy of the documents at the application page itself. After the loan application is processed, the person will get a call from the bank’s representative to inform if the loan can be processed further or not. If the application is approved, the person has to visit the bank for evaluation of the gold, after which the funds would be transferred to the borrower’s bank account.
Things to Keep in Mind before Applying for a Gold Loan at HDFC Bank
Below given are few facts about gold loan HDFC that you must check out.
- Gold Value: The gold in jewellery must weigh at least 15 grams. Maximum loan to value ratio is maintained at 75 percent. This rate will be calculated as per the price trend of current date. The making charges of the jewellery and taxes will be excluded from calculating the loan amount.
- Charges: 1.5 percent of the loan amount will be charged as a processing fee. Prepayment charges may apply only if the loan is closed within the first three months of the loan. The borrower will be then charged 2 percent of the outstanding loan amount, as fee in such cases.
- Repayment: There are several repayment plans available. One can choose the regular EMI, wherein a part of interest and principal component has to be paid every month. In bullet repayment, the borrower can repay the principal amount at the end of the loan tenure, before which, every month he/she needs to pay the interest amount only.
- Farming Gold Loan: Agriculturists and farmers can also get HDFC gold loan. However, they have to show supportive documents and proof for agricultural land or allied farming activities at the time of the loan application.
- Special Schemes: Minimum loan amount is Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50,000, thus anyone who need lower loan amount can also consider a loan against gold at this bank. Special schemes could be available for women customers and existing clients. They are entitled for discounted interest rates.
- Overdraft Scheme: HDFC offers overdraft facility, where the person can withdraw money against the deposit amount or gold, through the loan tenure. The borrower will have to pay interest on the amount of credit utilized. The interest rate charged, would be floating. This loan service is majorly taken by salaried and self-employed people, and they can also renew the scheme on paying the necessary processing fees. There are no lock-in period and prepayment charges for this scheme.
The above-given details about HDFC bank loan against gold will help you understand the features of different gold loans offered by the bank, and how to apply for those.